SAUTÉED RAINBOW CHARD WITH GARLIC
One of the most colourful and eye-catching vegetables that you'll find, chard is closely related to beetroot and spinach. It tastes a lot like spinach too and can make the perfect side dish, packed with nutrients. This wilted chard recipe pairs well with salmon, chicken or pork.
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
SERVES: 4 people
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
500g mixed chard leaves
1 garlic clove, crushed
knob of butter
HOW TO MAKE
- Melt the knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Wash the chard leaves and leave them wet.
- Add the wet chard to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender. Season well, then serve.
- Add red onions, shallots or toasted pine nuts for extra flavour!